Wilcox Associates at IMTS will be showing its PC-DMIS 4.3 3D CMM software giving dramatic improvements in measurement speed and support for probes and vision measurement.
Wilcox Associates will be introducing the latest versions of its EMS (Enterprise Metrology Solutions) suite of software products at the USA’s IMTS 2008 machine tool exhibition * PC-DMIS 4.3 3D CMM Software – developed in response to comments and suggestions from its customers, Wilcox said that this release represents a major extension of the software’s functionality
Enhancements include the following.
* Dramatic improvements in measurement speed.
* Added support for a broad range of probes and vision measurement hardware.
* Expanded scanning support.
* Numerous other features that make vision measurement devices more intuitive and easier to use.
PC-DMIS NC 4.3 – the Server and Interactive versions of this product allow for the efficient programming and execution of cnc machine spindle probe moves for part set-up and measurement.
The latest releases of these products include support for stacked rotary tables and Mazak Itegrex Systems.
Stand-Alone Inspection Planner – by integrating design intent (i.e GDandT) information with the CAD model, Inspection Planner can help reduce CMM part programming time by as much as 80%.
With the stand-alone version of the product, design intent is assigned within the PC-DMIS programming environment rather than within the CAD system.
* About Wilcox Associates – Wilcox Associates is a member of Hexagon Metrology.
Founded in 1990, Wilcox revolutionised CMM measurement with its PC-DMIS CMM software, which for the first time integrated CAD into the inspection process.
Now, with Enterprise Metrology Solutions (EMS), PC-DMIS technology is the core of a set of closely related software products focused on the collection, evaluation, management and presentation of manufacturing data.
With EMS, our customers are able to fully leverage manufacturing process knowledge and build truly lean systems.
* Wilcox Associates (Hexagon Metrology) at IMTS 2008 Machine tool show, McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, USA, September 8-13, Booth D-4303.