Mold is a model, according to this model to make products, but how the mold is produced, except mold professionals, most of them can not answer. Mold has played an irreplaceable role in our life, most of our daily necessities can not do without mold, such as computers, telephones, fax machines, keyboards, Needless to say, cups and other plastic products. In addition, the covers of automobile and motorcycle engines are also made of molds. A variety of molds for a car alone will use more than 20000. Therefore, the role of modern life molds is irreplaceable. As long as mass production is inseparable from molds.
So How Is The Mold Made?
The following modern mold production process to do a simple introduction.
- ESI (early supplier involvement): this stage is mainly about the technical discussion on product design and mold development between customers and suppliers. The main purpose is to let suppliers clearly understand the design intent and accuracy requirements of product designers, and also to let product designers better understand the mold production capacity, In order to make a more reasonable design.
- Quotation: including the price of the mould, the service life of the mould, the turnover process, the required tonnage of the machine and the delivery date of the mould（ More detailed quotation should include product size and weight, mold size and weight, etc.)
- Purchase order: customer order, deposit issue and supplier order acceptance.
- Mold production planning and schedule arrangement: at this stage, we need to reply to the customer according to the specific delivery date of the mold.
- Mold design: the possible design software includes Pro / Engineer, UG, Solidworks, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc
- Purchasing materials
- Mold processing: the processes involved include turning, milling, heat treatment, grinding, CNC, EDM, WEDM, jig grinding, laser engraving, polishing, etc.
- Mold assembly
- Trial run
- Sample evaluation report (SER)
- Ser approval