With the continuous development of three coordinate measuring machines, scanners, and laser tracker technologies, “online measurement” makes the measuring machine to be “tooled”, which requires stronger adaptability, and the detection technology to be high-speed, high-precision, and high-speed Adaptability.
The main function of the three coordinate measuring machine host is to collect coordinate data through non-contact methods such as contact or laser scanning, and after data processing, complete the reconstruction of the measured workpiece. Modern measurement technology is continuously integrated into product research and development. Under the system of reverse engineering design and manufacturing, the inseparable relationship between mold and mold part design and manufacture is more obvious.
In the international mold and plastic hardware industry, mold companies now use molds as their carrier, and actively explore the production of mold parts as an important production method. Mold companies have a strong demand for purchasing parts and equipment. In 2007, China produced 173,000 sets of forming equipment, including 3000 sets of CNC forming equipment; 3844 sets of imported forging and stamping equipment, and 4671 sets of other forming equipment.
It is understood that the current world sales of cutting tools exceed 10 billion U.S. dollars, and the three industrially developed markets of Europe, North America, Japan and Australia account for 75%-80%. In Asia, China is also an important market. At present, in the manufacturing industry of developed countries, more than 70% of cemented carbide tools are used, and the share of traditional high-speed steel tools has dropped to less than 30%. China’s machinery manufacturing industry, which participates in global competition, is increasingly pursuing efficiency. The demand for high-precision, high-efficiency, high-reliability, and special-purpose modern high-efficiency tools is becoming more and more urgent. Cemented carbide tools and ceramic tools are widely used in mold companies.
According to a rough estimate, the demand for cutting tools in China is more than RMB 8 billion. Among them, the consumption of modern high-precision, high-efficiency, and high-reliability cutting tools, such as cemented carbide and ceramics, is about 1.5 billion RMB. Among them, 80%-85% rely on imports, and the import of tools used in mold manufacturing accounts for more than 90%. The complexity and precision of the mold require higher quality cutting tools. Many well-known foreign tool manufacturers, such as: Sweden’s SANDVIK, Seco Tool SECO, Leitz, SPINNER, NIKKEN, etc., and Japan’s DIJET, BIG, OSG, Sumitomo Electric of Japan.
Mold processing equipment needs to improve processing performance, mainly reflected in:
- 1. The increasing size of mold forming parts and the high productivity of parts require one mold with multiple cavities, resulting in increasingly large molds. Large-tonnage large molds can reach 100 tons, and one mold has hundreds of cavities and thousands of cavities. Mold processing equipment is required. Large table, enlarged Y-axis and Z-axis stroke, large load-bearing, high rigidity, and high consistency.
- 2. The mold steel material used for mold processing has high hardness, which requires the mold processing equipment to have thermal stability and high reliability.
- 3. For complex cavities and multi-functional composite molds, as the shape of the part becomes more complex, the design and manufacturing level of the mold must be improved. Multiple grooves and multiple materials are formed in a set of molds or assembled into multiple components. Functional composite molds require a large amount of processing programming, a high-deep cavity comprehensive cutting ability and high stability, which increases the difficulty of processing.
- 4. The refinement of mold processing makes the complex and high efficiency of processing equipment more attractive. High-speed milling has many advantages, such as the ability to process high-hard steel, smooth processing, small cutting force, and small deformation of the workpiece, which make mold companies pay more and more attention to high-speed processing.
- 5. High dynamic accuracy. The static properties introduced by the machine tool manufacturer (such as repeat positioning accuracy, linear feed speed) cannot reflect the actual processing conditions when the three-dimensional mold surface is processed. The high-precision machining of the three-dimensional curved surface of the mold also puts forward the requirements of high dynamic accuracy performance. High-speed and high-precision can only be achieved with the combination of high rigidity, thermal stability, high reliability and high-quality control system of the machine tool.
- 6. The combination of processing technology and green product technology will be taken into consideration when the company purchases equipment. The radiation of electrical processing machine tools and the selection of media will be factors affecting safety and steel. Electric steel milling technology will be developed in the field of mold processing in the future .
- 7. The composite application of multiple measurement technologies, high-speed measurement and reverse engineering have become the development direction that promotes mold participation in product development and design technology.
Mold Wiki provides you with the most comprehensive plastic, plastic, mold, mold design, decoration knowledge points of plastic mold brands, and shopping guide and online shopping services for various plastic molds, with the cheapest plastic mold prices and the best quality after-sales service. Please visit Mold Wiki: https://mold.wiki/Keywords of the article: mold; mold-related products:
Link to this article：Brief analysis of mold processing equipment to improve processing performance
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks！^^